Make the batter for the fish.
2 tablespoons Ketjap Manis (thick sweet soy sauce)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cups corn flour
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1 red chilli pepper (long)
Vegetable oil (deep-frying, plus additional 1 tablespoon)
500g Gurnard fillets (cut into chunks)
3 green onions (sliced)
2 teaspoons ginger (grated)
2 cloves garlic (sliced)
1/4 cups sweet chili sauce
1. Place corn flour in a medium bowl
2. Whisk in eggs until smooth
3. Finely chop half the chili pepper and stir in
4. Heat oil in wok or large skillet until a drop of batter sizzles soon as it’s added
5. Dip fish in batter, drain excess
6. Cook in batches 2-3 mins until golden, cooked through
7. Drain on paper towels
8. Wipe wok clean. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok on high heat.
9. Stir-fry green onion, ginger and garlic 1 min.
10. Stir in 1/2 cup water and sauces. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 min
11.Serve fish with rice. Drizzle with sauce and garnish with green onion and remaining chili pepper, thinly sliced